About this Blog - About Colin

This blog was built to update everyone with Colin's medical progress and to have a place where people can share information. When I first started the blog, the donations were thought to be for all of the medical expenses. Then Colin had an extended hospital stay (a lot of which was ICU and surgery). Now, with this tremendous loss, the funds donated are to help Kelly maintain the everyday family expenses/bills. Any additional funds will be directed to the children's funds through the donation function on this page. We will continue to maintain this page as different events are scheduled. Please continue to check back. I just wanted to let everyone know how very grateful the family is and how the prayers and support help so much during these very dark days. A little information about Colin. He is a father. He is a husband. He is a brother. He is a musician. He is a friend to many in the New Orleans area and beyond. He works in the service industry. Through his many years as a bartender/manager, he has touched so many lives by just being Colin. He loves his family and he loves his city! Pre-Katrina, he ran Nick’s Bar and was in a local band. Although Nick’s bar and the band did not survive Katrina, he believed in New Orleans and was one of the first residents back in the city. He helped many people transition back to the city that he loves and calls home. He has always been a friend to everyone. If you needed anything, he would be there for you. If you would like to contribute, please do so using the donation option on this blog. You can also post the blog link on your facebook account. Kelly's spirits have been lifted all of the posts and pictures. Blog and pictures below:

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Colin Brown

It is with deep sadness and devastation that I post tonight. This evening, (April 1), we lost a father, a husband, a brother and a friend to so many. Please say a prayer for Kelly and the kids this evening.

One of Colin's favorite songs
The Flaming Lips

You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Do You Realize - Oh - Oh - Oh
Do You Realize - that everyone you know
Someday will die -

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
Do you Realize

18 comments:

  1. Colin was the most genuine person I've ever met. He will will be sadly missed. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no good words. My heart breaks for you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only echo what everyone else has said. My heart is breaking. I am so, so sad and so, so sorry. Oh, God, I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colin was such a sensitive kind man, always aware of other people's needs. He always had a kind word, or more often a witty remark that would make everyone smile. I am so glad to have known him, even if just for a short while. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm overwhelmed right now...That's all I can say at this time...All of my LOVE and Light is with Colin's immortal soul, his family, and anyone who's life was ever touched by the brilliance of the light that manifested itself into the form we all knew as Colin...

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sad to hear about this...always loved talking with him way back when...my thoughts and prayers are with colin's family...

    randy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart breaks for the entire family. It was my great pleasure to have met him and spend a Mother's Day luncheon with he and Kelly. There are no comforting words......

    Jan Broome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colin,
    Peace be with you and yours, and buy a round of Jack shots for you and Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so lucky to have known such a wonderful man. My prayers are going out to his wife and children tonight ....and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family. I am so sorry for your loss. Colin was such a beautiful spirit....one of a kind. May you have peace Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking the other day how perfectly he sang "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere." This is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found out. I will say a special prayer for Colin and the beautiful family he has left behind. Even though it has been years since we spoke, he was always a great friend. He will forever live in our hearts.

    Antigone

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have fond memories of Colin and Kelly in my backyard in NOLA with Zulu and my dogs on St. Anne Street before they bought their house. I am so sorry for the loss and hope Kelly can stay strong like she always has. This is just devesating!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so horrifying. He was such a wonderful man. So sad that his beautiful children won't grow up knowing their father and how much I'm sure he loved them.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry Kelly. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. im so sorry for oyur loss. he was an awesome person.
    gave me many awesome memories at nicks that i will never forget

    ReplyDelete